[Mitgcm-support] Re: advection schemes

mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org
Wed Jul 9 15:52:12 EDT 2003

I have to take back, what I said about the zonal symmetry. All runs,
that started from zonal symmetry, stay symmetric. Thanks God, and please
excuse my making such an alarm.

But there still this vertical mixing going on accompanied with a rapid
increase of mean kinetic energy, which I cannot explain. My vertical
t-gradient of 17K/5000m reduces to 4K/5000m after only 1month of
integration (2160 timesteps, deltaT=1200sec).

Martin