[Mitgcm-support] RE:

mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org
Wed Jul 9 15:51:48 EDT 2003

Hi, Chris:

Happy New Year!

I know there is settings for for AIX + Power3 in the patch8 genmake.
However, our system has different machine architectures such as IBM Power2,
Power3, PowerPC.We have only installed compilers on Power2 machines for
users use.

I failed to compile the source code because Entity wordlength has undefined
type in source code "mdsio_reclen.f".

"mdsio_reclen.f", 1516-036 (S) Entity wordlength has undefined type.
** mds_reclen   === End of Compilation 1 ===
1501-511  Compilation failed for file mdsio_reclen.f.

Can MITgcm Release 1 Patch 8 work on a IBM Power2 machine running AIX 4.3?
How can I modify the genmake file to solve the undefined type problem on
AIX system?

Thanks,
Honggao

From:Honggao Liu/honggao/LSU at plume.mit.edu on 12/23/2002 12:32 PM EST