[Mitgcm-support] Re: pkg/seaice and pkg/exf

mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org
Wed Jul 9 15:51:28 EDT 2003

Hi Dimitris,

A couple of pickup issues:

(i) when pickup.chkptA is written, there's no pickup_seaice.chkptA.

(ii) Also, I get:

PGFIO-F-253/unformatted read/unit=9/attempt to read non-existent record
(direct access).
 File name = pickup_seaice.0000026280    unformatted, direct access
record = 1596
 In source file mdsio_readfield.f, at line number 1651

when I try to pickup. It's in the read of AREA because I get 7 lines
of:

MDSREADFIELD: opening global file: pickup_seaice.0000026280

The problem doesn't seem to arise unless the pickups came from an MPI job.
There may be an issue in joinpickup. I get:

Offset outside string at
/home/twnh/models/MITgcm_c40pre9/utils/scripts/joinmds line 299.

when I try joinpickup on the pickup_seaice tiles. It builds a single file,
but it's just 95% of the size I expect.

Thanks, Tom.
P.S. I got a slowdown of just 22% with the ice. This doesn't seem too bad
to me.