[Mitgcm-support] Re: call of gchem_forcing

mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org
Wed Jul 9 15:49:46 EDT 2003

Steph,

you are right about the ptracers_forcing. That is difficult to used
because it is both in an itracer and a k-loop. If you want to include
sinking velocities for some of your fields (e.g., detritus) things get
really messy.

I guess the only real advantage to call gchem_forcing before
the_correction_step and do_fields_blocking_exchanges, is the fact that
then you wouldn't have to call the expensive biogeochemistry for the
halo/overlap-regions, because they would get updated in
do_fields_blocking_exchanges. And yes, the disadvantage is that you'd
have to update gPtr = gPtr + deltaT*(whatevergchemreturns), which
appears a little counterintuitive. The results are the same in my case.

Touch`e

Martin

--
Martin Losch
Alfred Wegener Institute for Polar and Marine Research