[Mitgcm-support] Re: KPP

mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org
Wed Jul 9 15:49:06 EDT 2003

As far as I can see the only changes to the kpp package
between c38 and release1 were the following:
- accomodate for split of dynamics into thermodynamics/dynamics
   (so now kpp_calc_diff/kpp_calc_visc)
- use model standard arrays (drF,drC,rF,rC) instead of delZ.
- adjoint related modif's
- 1 "benign" initialisation fix in S/R ri_iwmix
So it should be fairly safe to use kpp of c38,
and the fix in ri_iwmix can be quickly incorporated:

http://mitgcm.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/MITgcm/pkg/kpp/kpp_routines.F.diff?r1=1.8&r2=1.9&only_with_tag=MAIN&f=h

There's no documentation yet on KPP, so the best thing to do
is to follow the verification/natl_box/ setup.

Patrick

--
Patrick Heimbach     Massachusetts Institute of Technology