[Mitgcm-support] Re: Web page + mailing lists

mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org
Wed Jul 9 15:49:06 EDT 2003

 I really think the single news group is best for this
week. Could change the name though - how about
news:mitgcm.org/rtfm :-) just kidding.
Problem tracking and resolution can be done via
discussion threads for now. That works reasonably
for Linux i.e. you go to dejanews, search
for your error message and voila you find out
how it was fixed, where, when etc...

 With jitterbug, wreq etc.. nobody except you, me
and maybe Patrick will ever actually use it! Jean-Michel
seemed quite happy to ignore it.

 I think the e-mail circulation list should be open to
anyone who wants to be on it - we aren't that rude
and disparaging are we? Weird that you automate the
subscription/circulation with majordomo but not inn.
There must be something out there - guess I'll look in
dejanews :-).... Maybe there is a hack where you produce
a digest and send that to majordomo?

 Web page looks beautiful BTW. However, I think we should
go from a major overhaul to give something that
is much more helpful, not just a new front.