[Mitgcm-support] Re: W field

mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org
Wed Jul 9 15:47:18 EDT 2003

Hi Tony/Dimitri,

 Happy New Year.

 I'll check back at the old code. Its a while since I looked back at c34
et. al. Which flavor of run are the fields from e.g. pure forward or
adjoint assimilated or reduced kalman filter assimilated. If its the
reduced kalman filter output, is it guaranteed that the w field be
consistent with the  u,v or is there an extra wind pumping term?

 I think Mick, Galen and Steph came across something similar with W not
equal to div_h(U) in the JPL stored fields (so I've cc'd them) but I
thought that was limited to the reduced kalman filter assimilation - M,
G or S any comments?

Chris