[Mitgcm-support] Overiding dynamics to set temperature.

mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org
Wed Jul 9 15:46:16 EDT 2003

Timour,

 Temp. fixing can be imposed in the same place as the
resetting of sub-freezing temps. Not sure what the dynamical
response will be, but the easiest thing is to try it.
 Sub-freezing temp. fixing code is

soyinka{p38_head}% find . -name '*.F' -exec grep -Hi 'tfreezing' {} \;
./model/src/freeze.F:      _RL Tfreezing
./model/src/freeze.F:      Tfreezing=-1.9
./model/src/freeze.F:         IF (gTNm1(i,j,k,bi,bj) .LT. Tfreezing)
THEN
./model/src/freeze.F:          gTNm1(i,j,k,bi,bj)=Tfreezing

soyinka{p38_head}% find . -name '*.F' -exec grep -Hi 'LL FREEZE' {} \;
./model/src/dynamics.F:            CALL FREEZE( bi, bj, iMin, iMax,
jMin, jMax, k, myThid )

soyinka{p38_head}% find . -name '*.F' -exec grep -Hi 'allowFreezing' {}
\;
./model/src/dynamics.F:         IF (allowFreezing) THEN
./model/src/ini_parms.F:     & allowFreezing, ivdc_kappa,
./model/src/set_defaults.F:      allowFreezing       = .FALSE.

 This code can be modified to impose fixed temps anywhere.
 You need allowFreezing=.TRUE. in data (PARM01).

Chris