[Mitgcm-support] RE: Release1 branch

mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org
Wed Jul 9 15:45:13 EDT 2003

I don't have a problem with the CVS commands.

I do have a problem with knowing what I am allowed
to do, and not being allowed to do what I think
I need to do. What I want to do at the moment is make the release1 branch
identical to the HEAD of the current release1-branch branch!
I then want to work on the tutorials in preparation for making the
tag release1_beta2, on that branch. I do not want to
do this in c44, because there are things in c44 that
I don't necessarily want in release1_beta2 and also because
I do not want the tutorials on the main branch for
now. However, as I understand it, I am not allowed to do this!
Therefore I am stuck...

There seems to be some confusion over the meaning of the word "people".
By people I meant Jean-Michel, Patrick, Alistair, Helen and me.
The rest of the planet would only download from release1-branch
or branch release1 when there is a tag, which there isn't. That has
always been the case i.e. developer people sometimes take things
from the HEAD of a trunk or branch, however people people only take tagged
things like checkpoint44, release1-beta1 etc.....
Or have I got that wrong too!

chris