[Mitgcm-support] Re: Cannot run the executable file

mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org
Wed Jul 9 15:42:27 EDT 2003

Dear Dr. Adcroft,

Thanks for your message. I check all of the topog.* files.
The topog.bump file exists and is also readable in the same directory.
All of the experiments have the same problems. I guess this is due to the
Linux machine (The ieee issue when reading the binary file). I follow
the same procedure using another SunOS machine and can run the
code succefully. However, I don't know how to fix this problem in Linux.
It seems the -D_BYTESWAPIO is used to remove the binary reading problem.
I don't know if there is anyone running the code in Linux successfully.
Thanks a lot for your help!

Sincerely yours,

Yu-heng