[Mitgcm-support] RE: Performance on a Compaq Alpha

mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org
Wed Jul 9 15:40:55 EDT 2003

mike,

 i tried to log in, but got some silly ssh message about
"ssh_exchange_identification", so i'm none the wiser
as to what is going on! i did check another benchmark
that is usually a good indicator of numerical fluid
code performance - the mccalpin stream benchmark. like
specfp and mitgcm it has the p4 quite far ahead
of the alpha 666, so the mystery remains.....

chris