[Mitgcm-support] The list of outstanding tasks

mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org
Wed Jul 9 15:40:45 EDT 2003

Volunteers welcome. Any of the minor things can happen in time
for c40pre1.

c40pre1 is necessary because the output is so out of date and
we can't test the dynamics stuff without it. I'm doing it now.

Any known bugs we should be fixing?

c40pre1
=======
Regenerate output for all expts.
 - some expts are so inaccurate I'm not sure they actually work???

c40
===
Adjoint c40pre1
 - will take 0 minutes :)
Fix broken MPI (ini_communication_pattern.F)
 - either restore it to MPI mode or make it work for both MPI/threads
Change default behaviour of monitor
 - default to smaller of dumpFreq/taveFreq/pickupFreq/...
 - add monitorFreq=1., to all verification/*/input/data
DEC compiler options
 - apparently they're broken
Kill unwanted aim.*
 - J-M is that ok?
Split dynamics.F
 - I'm doing this with Patrick - need c40pre1 tagged
Try to re-introduce forward_step.F
 - as above
A-B initialization
 - already done but not checked in
 * changes output
Switch to fixed normalization of CG2D
 - stops wasted cycles for steady states
 - makes comparison between platforms easier
 * changes output
Regenerate output for all expts
 - because of former two items
Remove old calc_mom_rhs.F, move pkg/mom_* to model/src
 - add runtime selection of form of eqns
 - add CPP EXCLUDEs for optimizing
 - might affect TAMC
Remove old mdsio