[Mitgcm-support] Re: exf

mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org
Wed Jul 9 15:40:11 EDT 2003

Hi Patrick,
Another issue that we've found, connected with exf, is that the calendar
package runs out of seconds after about 70 years. The problem is that
2^31 seconds is about 68 years, and cal uses integers.  This is not
really long enough for many of our runs.

Our current way round this is with '-i8' but that's not really
satisfactory, especially for IA32 processors...

Is it possible to use exf without cal ?

John