[Mitgcm-support] RE: run-time abort in verification expts

mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org
Wed Jul 9 15:39:40 EDT 2003

Mark,

 Here is a quick update.

 1. I tried on Suse 8.2 and Suse 8.1. 8.1 was OK, 8.2 had the problem
you saw.
 It could well be the problem is due to the gcc, g77 combination on Suse
8.2, although I couldn't find anything on the web to suggest that.

 2. I will try a few simple codes later today to see if they have
problems with unformatted I/O om 8.2 too and if so if there is a work
around.

 3. My guess is that if you used the Suse 8.1 gcc and g77 combination
you might be OK. However, installing those might break other things
 on 8.2 depending on how the Suse install works.

 4. For now trying ifc, like Martin suggested, seems like a good option
for you at this point. Although it may have the same problem if the
 issue is in the gcc library.

Chris