[Mitgcm-support] Re: packages_init_....

mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org
Wed Jul 9 15:38:57 EDT 2003

I had to create them to fit initialization of
OBCs around initialize_fixed and initialize_varia
OBCS affects ini_cg2d (called from init_fixed) and
also has to modify the initial conditions (called
from init_varia).

If we had package_init without the _fixed and _varia suffix
where shuold package_init get called from? initialization_fixed
or initialization_varia?

I personally can't abide the _fixed _varia bits
but it's needed for (data assim.) check-pointing.
My understanding is that arrays that change with
time (GM/KPP/OBCS) need to be init'd in _varia.

A.