[Mitgcm-support] more Obcs ruminations.

mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org
Wed Jul 9 15:54:43 EDT 2003

Hi Dan:  data file looks good.

Would be interesting to know how the
adjoint results depend on cg2dTargetResidual. Veronique Bugnion once
needed a value as small as 1.e-17, although I've used 1.e-8 nowadays
without a visible problem.

I've checked EXACTCONSERV very closely with Jean-Michel Campin. It makes
only a very small difference, so I've always used exactConserv = .FALSE.

I've never checked useEnergyConservingCoriolis and I just use the
default, FALSE.

No idea about the impact of lopping schemes.

To my knowledge, nobody has ever used the adjoint of a higher order
advection scheme. We're scared because of the liberal use of intrinsic
functions.

Jake