[Mitgcm-support] Re: RE:

mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org
Wed Jul 9 15:54:41 EDT 2003

Hi Honggao,

 I'm sure it can work. Not quite sure what options are needed though.
 Here are some clues.

 WORDLENGTH should be substituted by a numeric value of either 1 or 4 by
the CPP preprocesor stage.  The CPP setting is almost guaranteed to be
-DWORDLENGTH=4. i.e. what is shown for the SP3 options -D settings. That
is what the SP3 uses and this is not something that normally ever
changes between OS revisions. The fact that you are getting the message
from the compiler suggests the CPP stage is not happening. Here is what
you should do

 1. check the Makefile to see that the .F source files are indeed being
piped through CPP to create .f files that are then compiled.

 2. delete all files called *.f ( little f)

 3. make again

 4. send mail with your Makefile and the log of your make session
attached if you following through the above doesn't show you what is
wrong.

Chris