[Mitgcm-support] NOPP Sessions at the 2001 AMS Meeting

mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org
Wed Jul 9 15:54:33 EDT 2003

I received the following e-mail as a reminder of the NOPP sessions at the AMS
meeting next Jan. As Carl indicated, the AMS is not the best meeting to gain
visibility. Maybe we therefore can limit our presence to the minimum necessary.
I will submit an abstract for the global MIT/SIO assimilation. Maybe JPL can
also can be present with one talk?

Best regards,
Detlef.

Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 08:41:06 -0400
To: deluca at imcs.rutgers.edu, sharon.walker at usm.edu, larkin at vims.edu,
whoppel at ccsalpha3.nrl.navy.mil, pcoble at marine.usf.edu, grassle at ahab.rutgers.edu,
robinson at pacific.deas.harvard.edu, mail at dynalysis.com,
spindel at apl.washington.edu, jfarrell at brook.edu, smcoan at aol.com, dfrye at whoi.edu,
seim at skio.peachnet.edu, walstad at hpl.umces.edu, paduan at oc.nps.navy.mil,
jallen at oce.orst.edu, jdelaney at u.washington.edu, jorcutt at igpp.ucsd.edu,
belling at mit.edu, glenn at caribbean.rutgers.edu, acb at cisunix.unh.edu,
tgeorges at home.com, tommy.dickey at opl.ucsb.edu, bbutman at usgs.gov,
JKBishop at lbl.gov, philip at oceans.dms.uconn.edu, echassignet at rsmas.miami.edu,
cdavis at whoi.edu, donaghay at gsosun1.gso.uri.edu, hgraber at rsmas.miami.edu,
kawase at ocean.washington.edu, kirby at udel.edu, perry at ocean.washington.edu,
zackp at socrates.berkeley.edu, droemmich at ucsd.edu, lewisr at po.gso.uri.edu,
detlef at ucsd.edu
From: "Roxanne L. Nikolaus" <rnikolaus at brook.edu>
Subject: NOPP Sessions at the 2001 AMS Meeting

Dear NOPP PIs,

This is a reminder that The National Oceanographic Partnership Program
(NOPP) will host two special sessions as part of the Fifth Symposium on
Integrated Observing Systems at the 2001 American Meteorological Society
Annual Meeting 14-19 January 2001 in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Session
descriptions follow:

Session 1: New Ocean Observing and Data Management Systems (NOPP Special
Session) - Advances in ocean observing systems and sensors, from completely
new observing methods to innovative ways of utilizing existing elements
plus the latest in methods of data management, communication, networking
for ocean observing systems.

Session 2: Interrelationships Between Oceanographic and Atmospheric Observing
Systems (NOPP Special Session) - Examples of coupled oceanographic and
atmospheric efforts to address complex interrelated problems such as
climate change, ocean modeling, marine services, etc.; interdisciplinary
papers that address complex interrelationships, new advances, trends and
issues are particularly encouraged.

We encourage all NOPP PIs involved  in projects related to either or both
of these topics to consider submitting an abstract. We are seeking
abstracts from all relevant research, so if you know of an effort not
supported by NOPP but very appropriate to the topics please encourage them
to submit as well. The online abstract deadline is 6 July, 2000, but this
is somewhat flexible. We recognize that this deadline is fast approaching
and that there are many meetings, but this is an excellent opportunity to
showcase NOPP-supported projects at a large, well attended forum that
focuses on observing systems. Information on the meeting can be found on
the AMS website at www.ametsoc.org/AMS. Specific information on the
Symposium on Integrated Observing Systems can be found at
http://ams.confex.com/ams/annual2001/oasys.htm.

We hope to see you in Albuquerque.

NOPP Program Office Staff

Roxanne L. Nikolaus
Science Associate
National Oceanographic Partnership Program
Consortium for Oceanographic Research and Education
1755 Massachusetts Avenue, NW
Suite 800
Washington, D.C.  20036
Tel: 202-232-3900 ext. 266