[Mitgcm-support] Re: pkg/seaice and pkg/exf

mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org
Wed Jul 9 15:52:43 EDT 2003

Hi Dimitris,

Thanks for your help: the longwave forcing is fixed, but my problem
remains. I've got a few more questions:

(i) Which shortwave flux should I use if both ALLOW_KPP and ALLOW_ATM_TEMP
are defined?  It would help if these subtleties were documented somewhere.

(ii) I get a compile-time error in growth.F if ALLOW_RUNOFF is undef'ed,
not a runtime warning.

(iii) I'm using SEAICE_EXTERNAL_FORCING and EXF_NO_BULK_COMPUTATIONS so as
to use the pkg/seaice bulk formulae code. My evaporation field looks
wrong, however (it's O(10^-5) m/s and has both signs - I expect O(10^-8),
and only positive values). With EXF_READ_EVAP undef'ed and no evaporation
file defined I was expecting pkg/seaice to calculate the evap. In fact,
exf_getffields.F seems to be used to get it. I'm confused!

Tom.