[Mitgcm-support] RE: MITgcmUv with the tripolar grid

mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org
Wed Jul 9 15:44:14 EDT 2003

Great. I have downloaded it.

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: zhang at apl.washington.edu [mailto:zhang at apl.washington.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, September 17, 2002 5:04 PM
To: Chris Hill; Alistair Adcroft
Cc: Dimitris Menemenlis <Dimitris Menemenlis; zhang at apl.washington.edu
Subject: MITgcmUv with the tripolar grid

Hi Chris, Alistair,
I am finally able to make the tripolar grid to work on one processor. I have
put the code, 3MITgcmUV_tripolar.tar, in
ftp://psc.apl.washington.edu/incoming/zhang/ for you to grab. Please grab it
at your earliest convenience because that ftp site
has been hackers' favorite and let me know if the code is not there (it is
there right now).
I have made some changes on the code. You can find pretty much all the
changes by grep both 'JZ' and 'useTripolarExchange'. There are two files
added, exch_rs_tripolar.F and exch_rl_tripolar.F. In
../verification/tripolar you all find input files and an modified
ini_curvilinear_grid.F, etc. There is a README file there to help you run
the code.
Alistair, thanks for your big help during our MIT visit.
Chris, if you could find time to make the code to work on a parallel
machine, that will be a big boost. Once it works, our two groups can do some
science together using the code.
If you have any questions, just let me know.
Cheers, Jinlun

Jinlun Zhang
Polar Science Center, Applied Physics Laboratory
University of Washington      Phone: (206)-543-5569
1013 NE 40th St               Fax:   (206)-616-3142
Seattle, WA 98105-6698        Email: zhang at apl.washington.edu