[Mitgcm-support] Re: KPP (c30) bug

mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org
Wed Jul 9 15:33:13 EDT 2003

>> Chris has never read either of gmredi or kpp since they were
>> packaged so I thought his guesses at variable/CPP names were
>> quite good.

Remarkable indeed ... as is the fact that you don't seem to have read
Chris' guidelines since your latest code ignores most of them ;-)

I think Chris' guidelines are good and I will follow them as soon
as I see at least "two" other package that conform to them.

How about using Patrick and Ralf's naming convention?
See http://www.mit.edu/~heimbach/package.html

   PACKAGES_READ_PARMS  to  PACKAGES_INITFIXED
   PKGX01_READPARMS     to  PKGX01_INITFIXED
   PACKAGES_INIT        to  PACKAGES_INITVARIA
   PKGX01_INIT          to  PKGX01_INITVARIA
   PKGX01.h             to  PKGX01_CONSTANTS.h (I prefer PKGX01_PARAMS.h)
   PKGX01.h has so far been reserved for field declarations

The only other criticism to Chris' plan is that of changing the present
CPP_OPTIONS.h arrangement.  I prefer the status-quo as described in Patrick's
note and as presently used by ecco_c30.

Dimitris