[Mitgcm-support] code downloaded

mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org
Wed Jul 9 15:31:38 EDT 2003

Dear Sir,

This is to inform you that we (namely Chantal Staquet, LEGI, Grenoble;
Pascale Bouruet-Aubertot,
LODYC, Paris; and myself) have gratefully downloaded the mitgcm-code
from your site.
We plan to use it for modelling internal tides in the Bay of Biscay (3D
nonlinear nonhydrostatic,
ultimately).

As a starting point I'm taking the internal-wave (reflection at a slope)
example described
on your site, and I was wondering whether the boundary conditions have
been adapted previously to
include barotropic forcing (for internal-tide generation), specifically
in obcs_calc.F.
(On internet I found a paper (by Khatiwala) who added a body force in
the zonal momentum, which
requires, I think, digging deeper into  the code).  I would be most
grateful if you could
send me any information available on this application of your code.

Sincerely,

Theo Gerkema
LEGI (Laboratoire des Ecoulements Géophysiques et Industriels)
BP 53
38041 Grenoble Cedex France

tel: 33 (0)4 76 82 50 45
fax: 33 (0)4 76 82 52 71