[Mitgcm-support] Re: c40 merge - adjoint

mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org
Wed Jul 9 15:26:19 EDT 2003

Chris Hill wrote:

>  Patrick - the top-level directory "adjoint" really
> looks like it should be under "verification" or
> "tools" to me. Any chance we could get this
> fixed before c40 is c40?
>
> Chris

It can be either in tools/ or in pkg/autodiff/,
but not in verification since the makefile is more or less
valid in general for the model.
The only two files needed are
* adjoint_ecco_sed.com
* makefile

What speaks against tools/ is that people might mix it up
with the makefile for the forward code.
What speaks against pkg/autodiff/ is that you shouldn't
compile in the pkg/... directories.
As a solution, I suggest to introduce tools/adjoint/

Does that sound like a durable/sustainable/immortal solution?