[Mitgcm-support] Re: How are we doing?

mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org
Wed Jul 9 15:25:52 EDT 2003

> So, linking DISABLE_MULTIDIM_ADVECTION to ALLOW_AUTODIFF_TAMC
> as you suggest does not make sense.

I thought I'd changed it so as to not change what you were currently doing.
All the #ifdef became #ifndef. If I understand you I simply screwed up by
putting an #ifdef AUTO* in GAD_OPTIONS.h ?

If I just remove the #ifdef block from GAD_OPTIONS.h this will still do
what you say but it means adding #define DISABLE GAD_OPTIONS.h for the
experiments in question - which I don't have - which is why I did it
the other way to reduce impact.

Let's either add it back to CPP_OPTIONS.h and out of GAD_OPTIONS.h
keep the sense of DISABLE_ or keep it in GAD_OPTIONS.h and override it
like we do other packages (ie. carbon/code/GAD_OPTIONS.h)?

A.