[Mitgcm-support] Forgot something...

mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org
Wed Jul 9 15:29:00 EDT 2003

I forgot something that I was thinking about...

cg2d() writes stuff to the STDERR channel and it's
the only thing I'm using to "verify" things in the test
script.

I've started writing a little suit of diagnostics such
as min/max/mean/rms of state variables and KE but I
doubt I'll get it done before next week but I was
going to "prettify" the output so it could be easily
analysed by scritpts. I'd like to do the same with
the solver and suggest the following (up for veto)?

 o Add  tolerance and residual as arguments to cg2d()
   ie.
        SUBROUTINE CG2D(
     I                cg2d_b,
     U                cg2d_x,
     I                tolerance,
     O                residual,
     I                myThid )

   so that  #include "PARAMS.h"  is no longer needed
   and then let solve_for_pressure()  display the information.
   Again, it's superficial but would be cleaner separation.