[Mitgcm-support] KPP version

mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org
Wed Jul 9 15:28:11 EDT 2003

Alistair, we are converging!  There is yet another version of KPP routines in
/ocean/data4/dimitri/KPPdistrib3.tar.gz with following minor changes from c29:

1) in KPP_PARAMS.h and kpp_init.F
   added kpp_dumpFreq and kpp_taveFreq

2) in kpp_calc_diff.F:
   diffKrT -> diffKrS
   added "- viscAr"
   masked KPP viscosity, but kept background + GM as minimum
          for no-slip bottom boundary condition

>> We wont go in full circles - more like spirals.
More like a Lorenz attractor than a spiral ...

>> kpp_calc_diff() currently does what I think you were talking
>>  about in our emails involving Detlef and background diffusivity.
>>  I'm not clear on what it is you wanted so please take a look
>>  and see if it makes sense.
Yes, but see item 2) above.

Dimitris