[Mitgcm-support] ivdc_kappa & nobcs

mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org
Wed Jul 9 15:27:59 EDT 2003

I tried to use ivdc_kappa to replace "#define include_convection" in
version c32.

I notice the convection is so uneffective that the density is kept highe
in the northern North Atlantic, and the OTC is destroied.

I print out the kappaRT, which seems right.. I also set cAdjFreq=0.,
implicitDiffusion=.true., #undef include_convection.

I tried to use the latest version (r1v5), the compiling was stopped due
to an error caused by "nobcs", which does seem to have been defined.
The error message is

g77 -Wimplicit -Wunused -Wuninitialized -O3 -malign-double
-funroll-loops -c ctrl_mask_set_xz.f
ctrl_mask_set_xz.f: In subroutine `ctrl_mask_set_xz':
ctrl_mask_set_xz.f:3039:
         integer nwetobcs (nsx,nsy,nr,nobcs)
                                      ^
Invalid declaration of or reference to symbol `nobcs' at (^) [initially
seen at (^)]
ctrl_mask_set_xz.f:354:

Your comments are appreciated.