[Mitgcm-support] Memo: Jerlov Water Type

mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org
Wed Jul 9 15:27:39 EDT 2003

OK there is a little footnote about that in README.kpp

>> C. Right now jwtype is defined separately at several locations
>> in c27.  Best to define it in one place only.  In the JPL
>> version it is part of a common block in FFIELDS.h

Again the issue is that the Jerlov water type is really part of
external forcing package not of KPP per se.

Question for you: what is your preference regarding background internal wave
variables (difmiw/difsiw/diftiw)?  Should I just get rid of them and use
viscAz, diffKzT, and diffKhS from the main model instead.  This is what Detlef
does in the Classic, but I decided to have different variable because
physically they do not mean exacly the same thing.  Right now when KPP is
turned on, viscAz, diffKzT, and diffKhS are ignored.

Dimitris