[Mitgcm-support] Re: KPP

mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org
Wed Jul 9 15:24:25 EDT 2003

Alistair and Patrick,
Thanks for the info on KPP.  I got it up and running yesterday with
little
trouble.  So far, it appears very similar to the implicit diffusion
for my runs.  It does not seem to take any empirical parameters, are
these
specified somewhere within the KPP code?  What if I want to turn off
the entrainment due to mechanical energy input by the wind?  I'll poke
around in the code when I get to this point, but if you can direct me
that would probably save me a little time.

Mike

Michael A. Spall
Department of Physical Oceanography
W.H.O.I. MS #21