[Mitgcm-support] run-time abort in verification expts

mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org
Wed Jul 9 15:22:20 EDT 2003

Hi,
I've just downloaded the MITgcm code under cvs and am trying to run the
test experiments on a PC running SuSE Linux 8.2 with the gnu compilers
installed (g77 v3.3). I can compile all the test expts OK (genmake, make
depend, make)  - however I get the following run-time message on all of
them. Any advice greatly appreciated.
Many thanks,
Mark.

 (PID.TID 0000.0001) S/R INI_PARMS ; read PARM04 : OK
 (PID.TID 0000.0001) S/R INI_PARMS ; read PARM05 : OK
 cdue: formatted io not allowed
 apparent state: unit 9 named XC.001.001.data
 lately writing direct unformatted external IO
 Aborted

Dr Mark Inall
Marine Physics
Scottish Association for Marine Science