[Mitgcm-support] Re: natl_box

mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org
Wed Jul 9 15:22:03 EDT 2003

Patrick Heimbach wrote:
> Make sure that the output.txt refers to the version
> with corrected impldiff (I called this one run_c33.out
> as opposed to the previous run_c32.out).

I was working on the assumption that the impldiff fix should be
there since c34+. However, I couldn't reproduce the numbers in
run.out but when I changed from g77 to pgf77 I got wildly
different numbers so I decided the expt is very sensitive to
round-off.

I still think that's true but re-running c34 I *can* get the
same numbers as run_c33.out so the new output.txt is wrong.
Looking into what I did wrong now...

Consider natl_box/results/output.txt incorrect until further notice.

A.