[Mitgcm-support] option: Filter U,V

mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org
Wed Jul 9 15:21:44 EDT 2003

Hello,

I have just check-in few modifications that allow to filter uvel,vVel
instead of u*,v*.
But right now, this is not the standard option (so that
all the atmospheric test-case results remains unchanged).
I don't think we need a new run-time flag to do this because the new
formulation seems better, so we can remove the old one after few more
tests.

To activate the new filter (uVel,vVel) you need to

1) remove the 2 "#undef" instructions at the beginning of "the_correction_step.F",
just after #include "CPP_OPTIONS.h"
#undef ALLOW_ZONAL_FILT
#undef ALLOW_SHAP_FILT

2) and put the same 2 instructions (at the same place) in
forward_step.F and calc_div_ghat.F

I have done several tests with exactConserv=TRUE
(exp2, hs-cs, hs_LatLon standard, hs_LatLon + with Crank-Nickelson)
and all run fine.

Jean-Michel