[Mitgcm-support] lake shore effect

mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org
Wed Jul 9 15:19:40 EDT 2003

Hello

I write you again after your answer about the presence of the lake shore
effect in my experiment. Can you suggest me where I can find some studies
about this effect? I was not able to find information of it.

In my experiment, a shallow water domain, this effect prevails on the wind
driven circulation that I imposed and it homogenized the value of
temperature in the domain very fastly. I had to turn down the "diffKzT" and
"diffKzS" parameters, have you got some indication.
Thank you again

Fabiana Cavazzon