[Mitgcm-support] mon_ I/O format

mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org
Wed Jul 9 15:17:10 EDT 2003

MON_PRINTSTATS_RS:                   XC S.D.=  1.03919876925988E+02

Is the plan to abandon the (PID.TID ...) prefix for the textual I/O?
I think thats a mistake. Whats the reason? Any thoughts?

Its nice to have I/O all channeled through a single routine
we control, gives a lot of flexibility in dealing with
multi-threading library issues. It also means that people can grep
from STDOUT.NNNN and see where things differ and where they are
the same.

Doesn't seem like it would have been hard to write to an internal
string buffer and then call print_message()?

Chris