[Mitgcm-support] Re: MPI with ifc broken ?

mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org
Wed Jul 9 15:12:22 EDT 2003

Hi,

> It seems that something is broken in the code
> for MPI with ifc (Linux, like the myrinet-3 cluster)
> between checkpoint48e (still working) and checkpoint48f:
> no output (all STDOUT + STDERR are empty) and the
> error message is (on 2 cpus):

The problem must be in
scatter_2d.F gather_2d.F (eesupp/src) or/and mdsio_writefield.F (pkg/mdsio)

since when I take the c48e version of mdsio_writefield.F
the model runs (but I don't get any usual output T.* S.* Eta.* ...)

By the way, it would be nice to have the 2 header lines (Header + Name)
in all the new subroutine that are added. This can really help.

Jean_Michel