[MITgcm-support] VECINV

Sergio Jaramillo sju at eos.ubc.ca
Fri Dec 19 20:34:47 EST 2003

Hi again,

I followed your advice regarding the use of the vector invariant form
for my run with cylindrical coordinates, and it works a little better,
but I still have some problems near the bottom. I have the feeling that
my problems are somehow related to the use of the lopping factors
(hFacW, hFacS, hFacC) in some parts of the subroutines called from
mom_vecinv.F, because the flow accelerates wherever there are sudden
changes in the thickness of a cell.  I have checked those subroutines
and there are some lines that are commented (i.e. in
mom_vi_calc_relvort3.F, mom_vi_hdissip.F, mom_vi_calc_ke.F, and
mom_vi_hdiv.F, etc), that I think could make a difference in my results.

What would be the criteria to comment out some of this lines? .

Thanks a lot,

Sergio Jaramillo
UBC