[MITgcm-support] genmake2

Chris Hill cnh at ocean.mit.edu
Thu Aug 21 13:14:06 EDT 2003

Hi Ed,

 A quick genmake2 feedback. If I take the genmake2 and run it in some
random directory then you get.

[cnh at cg01 buildtree]$ ./genmake2 -help
$\n===  Processing options files and arguments  ===
  getting local config information:  none found
./genmake2: syntax error near unexpected token `OPTIONS=()'
./genmake2: ./genmake2: line 336: `OPTIONS=()'

 It would be nice if it gave some sort of error message rather than a
crash. I know this isn't how its supposed to be used, but it would be nice
if it failed gracefully etc...

Thanks,

Chris