[MITgcm-devel] cvs checkout problem

Torge Martin torge.martin at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 00:45:51 EDT 2012

Hi,

I would like to contribute changed and new code to "my" contrib folder
MITgcm_contrib/torge but I get already stuck when trying to checkout the
code from that directory using my mitgcm.org account.
I get the following error message:

\>cvs co MITgcm_contrib/torge
cvs checkout: Updating MITgcm_contrib/torge
cvs checkout: failed to create lock directory for
`/u/gcmpack/MITgcm_contrib/torge'
(/u/gcmpack/MITgcm_contrib/torge/#cvs.lock): Permission denied
cvs checkout: failed to obtain dir lock in repository
`/u/gcmpack/MITgcm_contrib/torge'
cvs [checkout aborted]: read lock failed - giving up
\>

The directory MITgcm_contrib/torge and all current files were
created/uploaded by another person.

When using the anonymous CVSROOT setting I can checkout all files from
this directory (but of course cannot commit my changed code afterwards).

I can ssh to mitgcm.org using my account.

Thanks for any help,
Torge